Our philosophy is simple in BYCSOC, smashing back a few brews in the sun while playing with the old stick and ball. Labeled by some as the best sporting society at Canterbury and only getting better. Nothing beats dusting off the bucket hat for a day in the sun with the breathers and the lovely ladies the sport attracts. Not only is BYC a sporting club, a large emphases is placed on the social side with BBQs, and possibly the most epic flat crawl ChCh has ever seen. Students wondering the streets scoping out the best possible locations to set up the wicket and throw a few over arms and spread some banter. Beers Yarns and Cricket need I say more? We hope you can join us on this journey
Consider joining if...
- Someone who can spin a good yarn and play cricket. So
Rumpelstilskin crossed with Vettori.
- Are Most Active During... Friday afternoons cause no-one
ever has important lectures on a Friday
- Time Commitment... Minimal at best
- Common Gears...Top gear? Jandals, singlet, bat and vessel
Anything appeals above; you’re with the right club!
- BYC, Cuba and Cantabs Lake Day
- Inter Club Cricket Tournament
- BYC BBQS x 3/4
- Queen’s Birthday Weekend Flat crawl
- Maybe something formal. (TBC)