COVID-19 UPDATES: WHAT'S ON AT THE UCSA?
Last updated 10 June 2020
These last few months have been pretty hectic, but together we've made it to Level One. With Government restrictions now loosened, here's an update on how our services are being provided for the remainder of the semester.
Haere-roa's open again, just remember to bring your Canterbury Card because you'll need it to gain entry. Opening hours during exams are Monday to Friday 8AM–9PM, and Saturday to Sunday 9AM–5PM.
And a heads-up that we have a new study space set-up for exams, which has free hot drinks courtesy of the UCSA Exec Team (drink stall operates 9-19 June 10AM til 5PM Monday to Friday).
The Exec Team are advocating for you at every opportunity and are working closely with UC. If you want to ask a question or pass feedback on, get in touch by email here. You can also get regular updates from them in our News section.
- Food services: In response to COVID-19, the Food Support Service will be distributed through e-vouchers rather than parcels. However, we're now providing the normal UCSA Foodbank service from Haere-roa (with Foodbank Grant still available as an option for students who aren't able to come on campus).
- Class Reps: The class reps are working remotely - feel free to get in touch.
- The UCSA Flu Vaccination Subsidy Scheme: Our subsidy has launched and you can get details on how to apply here.
- Subsidised optometry: We're able to supply digital optometry vouchers online, and from Monday 18 May you also have the option of visiting UCSA reception, Haere-roa, to apply (please bring your valid UC student ID card). Details about the scheme can be found here.
- Menstruation emergency, borrow-a-calculator and borrow-a-bike: Haere-roa is open Monday to Friday (with swipe-card access) and UCSA reception can help with these services.
- UCSA Dental: The dental service has reopened and students can make bookings online.
Food and beverage outlets
You can now grab a bite from the following outlets, Monday to Friday during term time:
- The Foundry 4PM–10PM
- Nuts & Bolts 9AM–3PM
- Collective 9AM–2.30PM
- Chilton's 9AM–4PM
We have full safety plans in place for each site, and we're looking forward to welcoming you back.
Our other UCSA food and beverage outlets remain closed until further notice.
Clubs and Societies
We know this has been a crazy time for clubs, and we've been working with them to provide support, coordination and advice.
One of the ways we've done that is by opening a section of our club grants pool so they're able to get online events up and running. Find out more here.
Over the last few months our Events Team have gone virtual, bringing you online events that you can get stuck into from your flat. But under Level One, the UCSA's started planning to bring events back on campus for Semester Two (including a little Re-Ori). Watch this space.
Upcoming UCSA and Club events:
- All Events
- Club Events
- UCSA Events