The Suggestion Box is an exciting new way to let the UCSA know about any initiatives or changes you want to see us implement, whether it’s about UCSA policy, our services, or a wider UC issue you’re passionate about.
How it works:
- Enter your idea in the Suggestion Box portal. Your name won't be made public, but our super-friendly UCSA staff and Executive will be able to see it. Please keep it nice and respectful.
- Students can see suggestions and upvote or downvote them (again, voters' names won't be shown publicly, but UCSA staff and Exec will be able to see it). The vote tally will be visible.
- Finally, the Student Executive will review each suggestion and report back on outcomes within 10 days (each vote is non-binding).
For more information, email our Finance and Engagement Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're excited to see what ideas you have!
- 8Hot water dispenserAvailable in libraries all year round funded from our levy.
- 7Skateboard/longboard locksFor people who want to longboard to uni but don’t want to carry it between lectures all day but don’t want it stolen. Idea from Pinterest.
- 6Therapy dogs 🐕Having therapy dogs not just only during exam period but having them on a weekly basis to support student and their mental wellbeing
- 6Sustainability RepresentativeIt would be great to see a sustainability representative on the UCSA executive. As making UC sustainable is an issue important to many students
- 4On desk cleaning sprayImplement spray bottles across campus to allow people to clean their desk before/after studying. Just like at the gym.
- 3Doggy Day CareA place to take your fury friends while you are at uni. Volunteer driven and lets people come play with dogs during their break.
- 20800 toll free numbersEvery UC and UCSA student service with a 03 number should also have a 0800 toll free number, so that students can call services at no cost.
- 2Cleaning liquid at sinksPut in dish soap dispensers at sinks across campus to all sinks to allow for anyone to clean their containers, cutlery or keep cups after lunch.
- 2Toasters/toastie machine in Eng CoreWe would love a good toastie when we’re studying late at night! Or even some toast!
- 2Variation for MonoEvery once in a while have mono where the music is strictly old school bangers. Songs that everyone knows as opposed to straight DnB. Would be nice as the current mono is a bit same same.
- 20800 toll free numbersEvery UC and UCSA student service that has a 03 phone number should also have an 0800 toll free number.
- 1Replace hand towels more frequentlyHand towels are often used and in need of replacement before the end of the day. Clean hand towels should be available at all times.
- 1Make livestreaming through Echo standard across all classesSince COVID, many of us are at home watching lectures. However, because they are not livestreamed, we have to wait until they are uploaded to watch them. Some of my classes are using the livestreaming... Read more...
- 1Link from LEARNI think it'd be great if all students were able to access the suggestion box from LEARN. Maybe a link from the top navigation bar? That would make it easier to find.
- 1Umbrellas at the FoundryThe outdoor area at the Foundry really needs sun umbrellas! It’s very exposed and the light is glaring on a sunny day. Makes it hard to enjoy the fresh air while getting brunch with the gals.