At the UCSA, we're always looking for new and better ways to help students succeed and belong!
The Suggestion Box is an exciting new way to let us know about any initiatives or changes you want to see the UCSA implement, whether it’s about UCSA policy, our services, or a wider UC issue you’re passionate about.
How it works:
- Enter your idea in the Suggestion Box portal. Your name won't be made public, but our super-friendly UCSA staff and Executive will be able to see it. Please keep it nice and respectful.
- Students can see suggestions and upvote or downvote them (again, voters' names won't be shown publicly, but UCSA staff and Exec will be able to see it). The vote tally will be visible.
- Finally, the Student Executive will review each suggestion and report back on outcomes within 10 days (each vote is non-binding). You can find reports on our News page.
For more information, email our Finance and Engagement Officer: email@example.com.
We're excited to see what ideas you have!
- 7Vending machines in libSo you don’t have to make the hike and walk to the ones in undercroft - some on level 6 perhaps
- 6Hot water dispenserAvailable in libraries all year round funded from our levy.
- 6Skateboard/longboard locksFor people who want to longboard to uni but don’t want to carry it between lectures all day but don’t want it stolen. Idea from Pinterest.
- 4Therapy dogs 🐕Having therapy dogs not just only during exam period but having them on a weekly basis to support student and their mental wellbeing
- 4Sustainability RepresentativeIt would be great to see a sustainability representative on the UCSA executive. As making UC sustainable is an issue important to many students
- 3Doggy Day CareA place to take your fury friends while you are at uni. Volunteer driven and lets people come play with dogs during their break.
- 3Foundry Doof on Weekends-Have the equivalent to Mono except on a Friday/Saturday. -With DnB similar to Big Doof or Full Moon events. -Don’t necessarily have to get in a famous artist, students with decks could play.
- 2On desk cleaning sprayImplement spray bottles across campus to allow people to clean their desk before/after studying. Just like at the gym.
- 1Cleaning liquid at sinksPut in dish soap dispensers at sinks across campus to all sinks to allow for anyone to clean their containers, cutlery or keep cups after lunch.
- 1Variation for MonoEvery once in a while have mono where the music is strictly old school bangers. Songs that everyone knows as opposed to straight DnB. Would be nice as the current mono is a bit same same.