Course-related support: Who to see …

Do you have an issue or concern but you’re not sure who to talk to? Here’s our advice.



  • If you can’t get your assignment in on time or have an assessment clash.
  • If you are feeing stressed about something in your course.
  • If you have questions about course content.


Class Rep

  • If you want to resolve low-level issues.
  • If you want to provide anonymous feedback.

Note: Class Reps are trained to anonymously communicate the feedback they have been given to their lecturers, relevant departments and the UCSA.

Find out more.



View this post on Instagram


A post shared by University of Canterbury (@ucnz)


Kaitoko (First Year Advisors in Te Pātāka)

  • If you are unsure what to do about any aspect of your studies, e.g. workload, assessment, timetable.
  • If you want advice about changing courses or programmes, or any other questions.

Find out more.


UCSA Advocacy and Welfare Team

  • If you can’t focus on your studies because of financial worries.
  • If you want advice or support regarding an academic dispute.

Find out more.



View this post on Instagram


A post shared by UCSA (@ucsa_nz)


Academic Skills Centre

  • If you want someone to read over your essay.
  • If you want help with referencing.
  • If you would like some writing and study strategies.

Find out more.


Te Akatoki Māori Students’ Association

  • If you have feedback or want advice as a tauira Māori.
  • If you want social, cultural or academic support with other tauira Māori.

Find out more.


More options you can visit

UC’s Wellbeing Hub

UCSA’s Advocacy and Welfare services

Posted in