UCSA Cafes: Level 2 Update
Tasty news from the cafes: from Monday 18 May you’ll be able to grab a bite from the following outlets, Monday to Friday:
- Nuts & Bolts 9AM–3PM
- Collective 9AM–2.30PM
- Chilton’s 9AM–4PM
We’ll be serving takeaway only at this stage, and while we aren’t yet accepting BYO cups, you can still use an Again Again reusable cup if you fancy it (they’re sterilized on our premises).
Your wellbeing is our top priority, and we have a full safety plan in place for each site:
- We’ve rearranged the layout of our premises to maintain the requirements outlined by the Ministry of Health (MoH) and to ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times from ordering to collection.
- Our staff always maintain good hygiene, particularly hand hygiene and good cough/sneeze etiquette.
- An electronic contact tracing register will be kept for all staff, customers, and suppliers that interact with our business. This is in order to maintain records to enable contact tracing, and we will provide these records to the MoH and/or the relevant District Health Board on request.
- Along with our routine cleaning, we are taking extra steps to sanitise all surfaces, increasing the cleaning intervals and monitoring the regularity and cleanliness of our premises. These include:
- Cleaning all high touch surfaces – including door handles, doorknobs and EFTPOS machines.
- Ensuring all customers have access to hand sanitiser.
- Professionally cleaning all spaces as often as possible.
- We’re ensuring our suppliers observe the physical distancing guidelines.
- As part of our strategy, our teams know to take sick leave and stay away from the business if they are unwell or have any underlying health conditions that put them at risk. In addition to this, we are requiring staff to self-isolate if applicable, following MoH guidance.