Last updated 22 September 2020
Welcome to Alert Level 1! Our services are running normally, but we'll share updates if anything changes. Don't be afraid to reach out if you have any questions or you need support.
The Exec Team are working with UC to represent the student voice. If you want to ask a question or pass feedback on, get in touch by email here. You can also get regular updates from them in our News section.
Haere-roa / UCSA Reception
Haere-roa's open hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am to 9pm, and on Saturday and Sunday, the building is open 9am to 5pm (student social space only). Just remember to bring your Canterbury Card because you'll need it to gain entry. UCSA Reception is open during our normal office hours.
- Food services: The Food Support Service will continue to operate, however, it may do so via vouchers rather than food parcels depending on the current COVID-19 Alert Level and at the discretion of the Catholic Tertiary Chaplaincy. The normal UCSA Foodbank service will continue to operate from Haere-roa as long as campus remains open, with Foodbank Grant still available as an option for students who aren't able to come on campus.
- Class Reps: The class reps are still available - feel free to get in touch.
- Subsidised optometry: If you’re not able to make it to Haere-roa Reception, we can supply digital optometry vouchers online. Details about the scheme can be found here.
- Menstruation emergency, borrow-a-calculator and borrow-a-bike: Haere-roa is open Monday to Friday and Reception can help with these services.
- UCSA Dental: The dental service is open and students can make bookings online.
Food and beverage outlets
Our outlets are open, so stop by for a bite to eat or a coffee.
- Nuts and Bolts
- The Foundry
- Cafe 1894
Clubs and Societies
The UCSA is working with clubs and societies to provide support, coordination and advice where needed.
Under Level 1, we're able to go ahead with our events calendar in line with Government guidelines.
Upcoming UCSA and Club events: