International Students are an important part of the UCSA. To help you along your journey at UC, we have a range of services to support you. This includes an Event Coordinator for social activities, an elected International Student Representative, and a Student Advocate.
Get to know our services and feel free to reach out to us if you have any thoughts, questions, or concerns.
Above: Abishekh and Jessie from the UCSA.
UC is home to a vibrant international student community. To celebrate them and build connections, UCSA has a busy events calendar year-round.
We also have several international student clubs that run amazing things throughout the year.
- Lunar New Year: We celebrate with a mix of cultural performances and great food. Sometimes, even a movie to top it off.
- Arts Fest International Space: Our international student clubs come together to display their talents and run fun activities for everyone.
- Cultural and religious events: Join us to mark occasions like Africa Day, Colour Fest, Diwali and more.
- Global Fashion Show: UC Global Society and the UCSA bring a spectacular fashion experience to campus. They’ll be joined by the student community showcasing their cultural attire along with entertainment.
- Food Festival: This is the big feed you shouldn’t miss. The event features a carnivalesque space with food from around the world, as well as activities and cultural performances. It’s proudly hosted by The Canterbury Malaysian Society and the UCSA.
- International Gala Ball: A formal dinner event aimed at introducing our domestic student community to our international students.
- Language Exchange Evenings: A recurring event at The Foundry, where you can come along and acquaint yourself with languages from around the world.
- Quiz Nights: We love a quiz, and there will often be ones with international themes.
International Advisory Group (IAG)
The UCSA IAG is responsible for providing student feedback to the International Rep, the Executive Committee and the Chief Executive regarding international students’ needs and any related issues within the student population. The IAG’s aim is ensure that the UCSA hears the international student voice and works to create a stronger sense of belonging for all international students on campus.
The IAG will meet 1-2 times per term, with an expectation of a meeting duration of up two hours.
To get in touch with the International representative, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read their charter.
Advocacy and Welfare
UCSA has qualified and experienced advocates who are here to offer you confidential advice and support regarding issues you faced while being a student at UC. We also provide a range of support options. Our team includes a dedicated International Student Advisor, Jessie.
You can call (03) 369 0555, email email@example.com or
Find out more in the Support section.