Announcement regarding UCSA Tea Party 2021
On October 5 the government announced that vaccine certificates will be required to attend large scale events, and that these will not be available until November. Unfortunately, this announcement confirms the need for the UCSA to cancel Tea Party scheduled for October 23, 2021.
We are sure this will be hugely disappointing for all of you who were looking forward to celebrating the end of the university year, just as it is for the team behind the scenes who have been working on this for the last three months. Refunds will be automatically issued via Eventbrite, and will be processed in the next 14 days.
Whilst Tea Party itself can’t go ahead, the UCSA supports those students who may wish to put-on small-scale celebrations provided that they comply with Alert Level 2 restrictions of up to 100 people. Remember currently if you’re hosting people at level 2 to follow these guidelines:
- Remind mates to stay home if they're sick.
- Keep it to no more than 100 people.
- While you may not legally need to keep a list, it's still a good idea to keep a record of guests, just in case. A great way to do this is to create a COVID Tracer App QR code: https://qrform.tracing.covid19.govt.nz/createposter/get-started It’s easy and only takes a few minutes to fill in the form.
- Have hand sanitizer or soap around (it'd be gross not to, TBH).
- And remember, it’s always a good idea to register on www.goodone.org.nz to keep things safe.
- Look out for your mates, too – make sure everyone's fed and hydrated. #eatingaintcheating
Whilst this is hugely disappointing, the best thing you can do right now to help the country get back to large scale events like Tea Party is to get vaccinated if you are able to.