2022 wrap up
Wins, advocacy, and a whole lotta snags
It's been a massive year, so with semester two all wrapped up, we're looking back at some of our highlights!
In 2022, we've:
- helped, and advocated for, over 845 students.
- distributed over 900 dental vouchers.
- had over 300+ class reps in each semester.
- run 339 club events in Haere-roa.
- served 5,484 sausages and 1,476 veggie patties at UCSA BBQs.
- sold or issued 18,381 event tickets (with a fair number of COVID refunds, too …).
- printed 26,000 copies of CANTA.
- affiliated 160 clubs, including 17 new ones.
- run 36 events for international students.
The Student Exec:
- Advocated for blended delivery to include stuff like livestreaming and pre-recorded lectures.
- Successfully advocated for cheaper student bus fares in Christchurch.
- Kept you in the loop through new weekly videos on Insta and Facebook.
- Introduced Safety Week.
- Sat on close to 50 boards and committees across campus.
- Introduced a distance student newsletter.
- Helped upgrad the furniture in the fale.
- Implemented a new Health Rep position on the Student Exec Team.
- Gifted Thesis House a new microwave (postgrad snacks!).
- Trialed two new postgrad events.
- Explored how we can better represent postgrad and Pasifika students on the Exec.
- Became admin of a Facebook group for international students.
- Worked with students to make the international student representative position exclusive to international students.
- Gave free flu vaccines to international students.
- Bought tennis racquets for students to borrow.
- Bought back $2 rice for semester two.