Now recruiting for 2022
Create real change and support students at UC!
We're now accepting applications for 2022 student advisory groups: International, Postgraduate, and Equity and Wellbeing.
These teams work with our Student Executive to build a campus that listens to student feedback and creates a sense of belonging.
Applications close Friday 8 October 2021.
- Providing feedback to UC on the recently approved Graduate School.
- Inputting to the event replacing GradFest, and to what other events postgraduates would like.
- Working on ways to engage with the wider postgraduate community.
- Working on how to improve social connections at UC.
- Offering feedback on UCSA events such as O.Week and RE-ORI and having the opportunity to submit ideas to improve these events.
- Looking at the impacts of the UC Equity review and what equity on campus looks like for students?
- Providing input on the redevelopment of the UC Wellness Hub.
- Improving the International Student Voice and engagement.
- Membership of the The New Zealand International Students' Association.
- Advocating for International Student pastoral care.
- Support for offshore students.
Have questions? Contact our Team:
International Advisory Group (IAG)
The UCSA IAG is responsible for providing student feedback to the International Rep, the Executive Committee and the CE regarding international students’ needs and any related issues within the student population. The IAG’s aim is ensure that the UCSA hears the international student voice and works to create a stronger sense of belonging for all international students on campus.
The IAG will meet 1-2 times per term, with an expectation of a meeting duration of up two hours.
If you want to know more about the IAG, take a look at the Charter here.
To get in touch with the International representative, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postgraduate Advisory Group (PGAG)
The UCSA PGAG provides student feedback and direction to the Postgraduate Rep, the Executive Committee and any relevant parties involved in postgraduate students’ needs and issues. PGAG’s aim is to ensure that the interests, advice and feedback of postgraduate students are conveyed to the UCSA who in turn work with the Uni to create a campus that values postgraduate students.
The PGAG will meet 1-2 times per term to go over feedback and to work on materials, policies and events. It's expected that meetings will last up to an hour.
If you're curious to know more about the group, take a look at the Charter here.
To get in touch with the Postgraduate representative, email: email@example.com
Equity and Wellbeing Advisory Group (EWAG)
The UCSA EWAG is responsible for providing student feedback to the Equity and Wellbeing representative, the Executive Committee and the Chief Executive regarding students’ needs and any issues surrounding equity and diversity within the student population. The EWAG’s aim is ensure that the UCSA hears all student voices. This includes providing advice to the student reps on the UC Central Equity and Diversity Advisory Committee (CEDAC) that initiates actions and programs to create a greater sense of inclusiveness on campus.
For more information on EWAG, take a look at the Charter here.
To get in touch with the Equity and Wellbeing representative, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pasifika Advisory Group (PAG)
The Pasifika Advisory Group is responsible for providing student feedback and direction to the UCSA Executive Committee regarding Pasifika students’ needs and issues. The aim is to support the UCSA Executive to hear all student voices and initiate actions and programs to create a stronger sense of belonging for all students on campus.