The Student Advocate is here to give you advice about your situation, explain what your options are, and also help you navigate the university system.
If we cannot help with your situation, we can definitely put you in contact with someone who can.
Independent Advocacy Advice
As an employee of the UCSA, which is independent from the university, the Student Advocate is able to act on behalf of you, the student (something that UC staff are unable to do). The Student Advocate is able to assist you with a number of matters here at UC.
We can assist with:
- Academic Appeals
- Grievances, Complaints, Concerns
- Special Consideration Applications or Late Withdrawals
- Dispute Resolution
- Disciplinary Issues
The Student Advocate can:
- Provide confidential independent advice and support
- Assist you with drafting applications and letters
- Attend meetings with university staff with you
How to get help:
Unfortunately we are not always available to accept drop-ins because of meetings or other work matters.
If you would like to guarantee a meeting time please fill in the intake form here:
The UCSA office is open Monday to Thursday 8:30am till 5:00pm, and Fridays 8:30am till 4:30pm.