There are a number of options available to support enrolled UC students in times of financial difficulty. If you'd like to discuss your options, please contact the UCSA Advocacy and Welfare Team – their details are listed below!
COVID-19-related financial support
Are you struggling financially because of COVID-19? Here's how UCSA/UC can help.
If you are a domestic or international student experiencing financial difficulties because of COVID-19, you may be eligible for financial support. For example, it could be that you are experiencing:
- reduced hours of part time work
- complete loss of part time work
- loss of financial support that was being provided by your family
- inability to pay utility bills or cover grocery expenses
- issues in covering rent/hall accommodation fees
- struggling to pay for travel costs to return to Christchurch following lockdown.
The tabs below provide a summary of the different options available and to whom.
Unfortunately we are not always available to accept drop-ins because of meetings or other work matters.
If you would like to guarantee a meeting time please fill in the intake form here: